We are releasing a brand new mobile app and quite a few updates to the web app! Here’s a list of the new and updated features.
New mobile apps
Mobile apps for both Android and iOS have been re-developed from the ground up. Not only are they more attractive visually, but also offer a full spectrum of functionalities:
- Add projects, tasks and tags straight from the mobile app
- Visualize your week or month via dashboard report
- Set up notifications to remind you to start or stop the timer
New Tracking interface
Some of you may already be using a new Track interface. We have now improved it even further. If you haven’t switched yet, you can do so on your Profile.
What are the advantages of the new interface?
- Use “Favourite logs” feature to quickly add frequently occurring time logs
- Add detailed styled description with bullets, headings and links
Attach files directly to time logs
- For high-efficiency folks: add or edit logs with the keyboard shortcuts, without the need to use a mouse
- Visualize your day with the “Timeline” bar
- Switch to Weekly timesheet to enter time logs in bulk at the end of the day or week.
While the original Track interface will remain available for a while, it will eventually be deprecated.
We strongly recommend that you switch to the new tracking format.
New Project management
We completely redesigned the process of assigning tasks to projects and made it easier to assign team members. We hope that the new workflow will make project and task management faster, easier and more informative. What is changing?
- We are introducing monthly budgets for the organizations that work on a monthly budget or retainer
Budgets can now be set on the task level as well, not just on the project level. They can be set in billables, costs or hours. This will enable you to plan resources more precisely.
- Tasks can be created quickly, grouped into Task lists and reordered to mirror their priority. * Mark tasks as completed to let the team know they’re finished.
- For those that prefer assigning existing pre-set tasks (as before) we’ve improved and renamed tasks as “Task templates”. They can now be added to a project in bulk.
- Adding team members to projects is now faster with a dedicated Project members page
- Projects are now ordered by date created by default so the newest projects are always on top. To keep your project list tidy, we’ve added bulk archiving.
As you can see, we’ve redesigned the projects from the ground up. If you find anything that was better in the previous version, do let us know.
Here are the key changes we made to reporting:
- Administrators can now switch between rounded hours (in a decimal format) for billable purposes and actual tracked time (hh:mm:ss format) for internal reporting
- Additional amount has been renamed to “Expenses”
- “Costs” are now available as a separate column and are calculated from the team member’s hourly rate.
- Adding and editing time logs is now available straight from the Activity report
- We’ve added “Client” and “Team” filters to all reports
- We’ve improved the save/schedule reports interface
Project manager role
With the new release, Project managers can no longer view, edit or manage projects that they are not assigned to. The same goes for viewing the reports, they can only view reports for the projects they are assigned to.
We’ve also rearranged the main navigation. Projects are now placed right below the Track tab. In the Reports tab, Dashboard report gives you a great general overview and is now the default report on the top of the menu. The Activity report is right below it. You can quickly access the already filtered Activity reports right from the Dashboard.
Clients and Invoices are now grouped together, while Tasks tab was renamed to “Task templates” and moved to Account admin settings. All account settings are now grouped in one page, the Account Admin. Here you will now also find Tags and Imports.
We look forward to receiving your feedback on the recent developments in My Hours!